Saturday, March 7, 2009

First entry

March 7, 2009
This is my first attempt at blogging so I am not sure there is a right way or a wrong way. I wanted to have a place to show new art for people who have purchased art from me in the past and just wonder what I have been painting as of late.

The United States flag project will occupy a lot of my time in 2009. I recently finished the South Carolina flag and the Minnesota flag, which the Minnesota flag was extremely complicated and could not get the file small enough to post on this site. I will continue to accurately portray through research original designs of each state flag. It is truly amazing how flags change their looks over the years. Its like someone keeps taking a Xerox copy of a Xerox copy over and over again until you finally get a blobby looking glob for art that gets sewn on a flag. I will write more about flags later.

I hope to fill in with branding and Identity projects the rest of the year in 2009. With this economy its nice if you can just keep busy. If I get lucky maybe I will get some cartoons to draw this year also.

No comments:

Post a Comment