Friday, July 24, 2009

B17 Flying Through Clouds


I recently attended an air show with my youngest son where we had the honor to meet two surviving pilots of the Doolittle air raid on Tokyo. I will post that encounters details, pictures and conversations when I finish the sketch I am doing of the plane that helped these pilots become legends. Really was neat to meet them, both of which are in their 90's.
At this show my son and I encountered a working Boeing B-17 bomber from world war II. We climbed into it and toured the entire plane. I was able to take some pictures and from that was able to paint the attached art you see here. There are more paintings that I will do of this plane. It was a fun way to spend a summer Sunday with family and the best way to do research for painting accurate details. I still have not figured out how the tail gunner on this plane got in and out of his spot. If anyone out there knows about that please feel free to email me.
This painting "B-17 In The Clouds" is now available. The original is a 4'x 4'. A Single Order Signed/Numbered Print with a 40”x 40” Image area is $620.00 A 16” x 16” Image Area. Final Print Size 18”x18” cost $350.00. Email me at steve@inposition.biz if interested in owning this print.

No comments:

Post a Comment