Thursday, August 5, 2010

Marilyn Monroe Painting

I have been wanting to paint a celebrity portrait for sometime and why not pick a cultural icon like Marilyn Monroe. To keep it simple I used a black and white pallet with some tinges of yellow and I really like the effect.

This painting was interesting and fun to do because of the two light sources on both sides of Marilyn's face that can show her facial features starkly and still give the feeling of softness because of the subtle use of face shading.

The title for this painting is "The Look" and what I wanted to convey through this image is a feeling of confidence and awareness. Signed limited Edition 11x17 giclee print of "The Look" is available for 150.00. Contact me at steve@bergerfinearts.com and leave your contact information so I can get back to you about shipping, framing, sizes etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment