Friday, February 25, 2011

Chevrolet Hiding by Garage

For a change of pace here is a landmark piece that was fun to paint that combines a little architectural history and automobile nostalgia.

Old cars are getting harder to find as well as the infrastructure that was built to serve them throughout the 40's and 60's. I was old enough to remember Phillips 66 gas stations and if you drive through Iowa and Minnesota you cans still find buildings that represent the brand that was called "Phillips". As far as 1962 Chevy's go my brother had one and I always loved that big boat style. Cars built today are getting farther and farther removed from the dinosaurs that use to roam the highways in the early 1950's and 70's. Too bad, I still love the look (and the sound) of the old cars rather than the new cars. The cars of today seem to lack any real definable individual style characteristics. This painting is not quite done but I wanted to post it. If you are interested in a print email me at: steve@bergerfinearts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment