Sunday, June 12, 2011

Victory Memorial Drive Minneapolis Flag Painting

This is the top half of the Victory Memorial Drive Monument in Minneapolis that I mentioned in the earlier post. The flag pole with its large gold eagle on the top is stunning when you look at it from the base of the monument.

As you know if you follow my blog I love painting flags but this one I wanted to show a somber reflective mood rather than a billowing flag, just a slight breeze to show respect for the 568 servicemen and women whose names are etched in bronze on the memorial.

The 11's at the top of this print reflect when World War 1 officially ended. The war to end all wars ended on the eleventh month, the eleventh day at 11:oo am.in the year 1918.

If you are interested in signed Giclee prints of this 19"x26" acrylic painting for $125.00 contact me at: steve@bergerfinearts.com
Be sure to leave your contact information for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment