Thursday, July 14, 2011

Murray's Restaurant In Minneapolis Painting


Murray's is home of the famous "Butter Knife Steak". Another painting in the local bar restaurant series that features a legendary steak and meeting place in downtown Minneapolis. Of course I tried to add a bit of sophistication with an outside night view, fun with the glamourous young woman smoking a cigar, notice she is wearing a mans white shirt and finally the chrome signage. The chrome was probably the most challenging part of this painting for me. I know I will hear some feedback that I forgot the "S" in Murray's but from the perspective that this painting was created it just did not look right. Prints of this painting are available now. The original measures 32" x25"

If you would like a 22 x 22" canvas Giclee print of this painting for $175.00 email me at: steve@bergerfinearts.com. Be sure to leave your contact information.

1 comment:

  1. Completely agree... Chrome sign is very powerful and useful to promote business and events.

    ReplyDelete