Saturday, January 7, 2012

Governor Mark Dayton Portrait


As promised here is the second famous Minnesotan portrait. Governor Dayton. I painted Governor Dayton in a non traditional pose because I believe he is definitely not a traditional politician. He seems to be a genuinely nice man who cares for other people. So the gentle smile and downward look I think helps to capture his spirit.

I was a little upset when I heard that the previous Minnesota Governor had an artist from another state do his official portrait that hangs in the state capital building. I am sure there are plenty of Minnesota portrait artists that would have loved the opportunity to do the work for him. Better to source it out I guess.

At any rate this gives you a pretty good idea of where I would go with the subject matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment