Thursday, July 14, 2016

"Field Of Dreams"

This piece depicts a 1964 Ford Galaxy parked rather prominently on the "Field Of Dreams" baseball field in Dyersville Iowa. I was commissioned to create a scene with this beautifully restored Galaxy for the owner of the car and his family playing ball on the Field Of Dreams field " their favorite family movie. The car was sold and the family wanted something to remember it by. There is symbolism all over this painting the obvious being the open car door with the corn in the foreground. If you have seen the movie "one of my favorite movies also" you will understand the and symbolism and composition. I was disappointed when I visited the Dyersville field to see how much it's changed over the years. There are different buildings and t-shirt shacks all around the field. Needless to say I painted the scene the way it was in the movie. This was a 44" x 28" acrylic painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment