Saturday, October 29, 2011

Travail Restaurant in Rorobbinsdale MN


Another of the restaurant series I have been working on over the summer is this piece called Travail. Travail is located in downtown Robbinsdale and has been named as one of the top 25 restaurants in the nation. The food and atmosphere is great but I fear they will soon be growing out of their current location because of the lack of seating. Hour long waits are not uncommon.

The name is definitely unique and I wanted to highlight it in the finished piece but the only place it is highlighted is on the awning on the front of the building. The lack of a dynamic exterior forced me to come up with a unique scene going on in the front of this restaurant to make the painting interesting to look at.

This is what I came up with and visually I believe I achieved my goal of making the painting say something, to someone.

The original painting measures 26" x 26' and signed Giclee prints are available at the size of 22"x 22" for $150.00 ea.

No comments:

Post a Comment