Saturday, July 31, 2010

Wayzata 1800's Rail Road Depot


I recently was in Wayzata Minnesota and looked at the historic railroad depot nestled right in downtown of Wayzata.

This building has existed since the late 1800's and considering the histiry it is in remarkable shape. I wanted to capture the spirit of the building but after reading some of the history to paint it accurately I had to do some research.

This painting is based on photos dating back to the late 1800's and the scenery around the depot has changed dramatically. There were no trees or groomed lakeshore at that time. This painting represents that time with a transport boat "Minnehaha" at the dock waiting for passengers in its yellow and red colors. I still have some finishing touches to this painting but prints are available. Please email me at steve@bergerfinearts.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment