Thursday, August 19, 2010

Vince Lombardi Painting

I had to add this one to my second of three celebrity paintings especially since football season is just around the corner.

The colors of this on the original of this painting are much different than what shows here but monitors can never reproduce color accurately anyway.

This is another black and white look at a legend of the sixties. This will probably mean the third painting of this series should be black and white too.

Painting with a limited palette of colors is fun, refreshing, challenging and very rewarding when it all pulls together.
I like this paintings simplicity. I think this basic image evokes the simplicity of Vince Lombardi's views and approach to football and life. From what I understand of Mr. Lombardi he may have been a complex personality to understand but his complicated personality understood how to get the best results from people. His basic philosophy was to break complicated tasks down to their simplest of components in order to perfect techniques through repetition and familiarity. His ability to do this is what made him a great coach. In my opinion anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment