Monday, January 10, 2011

Green Mountain Boys Flag


Recently I had a request for information about the Green Mountain Boys Flag I had painted earlier. See my blog post (July of 2009) for a look at that flag.

I have wanted to repaint that flag for some time and finally did a watercolor study for a new painting and showed it to some one who was in my studio at the time to see what they thought. After some discussion I felt that this painting was ready for a new look and set up to paint the new image on canvas after the watercolor study was refined.

Before I completed the final new acrylic painting the watercolor study was purchased. I usually wait until I am done with the final painting before I sell my reference work but they could not wait, they had to have it immediately and purchased the study.

The new Green Mountain Boys Flag original acrylic painting dimensions are 32"x19" so a limited number of signed Giclee prints are now available of this painting at an image size of 16"x 9.5" printed on canvas for $75.00 each.

If you do not know who the Green Mountain Boys are and what the connection between Ethan Allen, Seth Warner and Benedict Arnold was look at that previous blog of my (July 2009) for a brief background picture of the interesting character's behind the flag.

No comments:

Post a Comment