Sunday, March 29, 2009

Custers Personal Battle Flag


I recently finished the color version of Custers Personal Battle flag made for him by his wife Libby. You can see my earlier post where I talk about the history of this flag and how it has been misrepresented. Because Custer had a problem with authority he would also go against military formalities like proper uniform dress codes. He is pictured with a red tunic and a naval light blue shirt.

The flags colors are derived from the actual flag that was auctioned off to an investor by Custer's nephews 75 years after the Little Bighorn. A photo of this historical flag was shown before the auction to potential buyers. The original showed ragged ends and obvious wear.

This 14"x19'' acrylic painting on canvas is for sale. A limited edition print run will be produced and posted here or at my website. If you are interested in this painting or any other work please email me at:
steve@bergerfinearts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment